Please see the steps below to complete your training. Once you have registered, please let HTS know that you have done so by sending an email to the VIRTUS Coordinator, Mary Cooter.
Any questions may also be directed to Mary Cooter.
Log on and register at VIRTUS Online. Click on the word REGISTRATION that is in yellow on the left hand side of the VIRTUS online page.
- If you are searching for a session to attend, click on VIEW A LIST OF SESSIONS (If you know the session you want to attend, click on BEGIN THE REGISTRATION PROCESS instead and continue on to create a user name and password.)
- Click on the down arrow to the right of the SELECT YOUR ORGANIZATION. Scroll down the drop down menu until you find WASHINGTON, DC (ARCHDIOCESE). Click on SELECT.
- After reviewing the list of sessions, click on START REGISTRATION
- Create a User ID and Password that is easy to remember in case you need to get back to your VIRTUS account. Click on CONTINUE.
- Complete the registration screens.
- When you get to the screen that asks if you have ALREADY ATTENDED A PROTECTING GOD’S CHILDREN SESSION, click NO if you have not attended and select the session you want to attend.
- If you have attended, click YES and select the session you attended and complete the rest of the registration process.
- When you attend the session, be sure to sign in at the beginning and to get your certificate at the end of the session so that your enrollment is recorded.
- Give a copy of the certificate to Mary Cooter after the training
Return the completed application and the policy statement to Mary Cooter, HTS VIRTUS Coordinator.
Please email Mary Cooter at email@example.com to make an appointment to process a name and background check. She is available from 8am-5pm Monday-Friday. Please bring two government IDs (drivers license, passport, social security card or birth certificate) and check made out to Holy Trinity School for $13.50 for processing. It takes 42 to 78 hours to process. Once your name check clears you may volunteer. You have 60 days from that date to complete your training.
Attend the workshop.
At the Child Protection workshop you will receive the Child Protection Policy Booklet. Read, sign the acknowledgement page (last page) of the booklet, and turn in a copy to Mary Cooter for your Virtus files. You can also download the booklet on the ADW Child Protection page.
The process is complete when all forms are returned to Mary Cooter. If there is any question about your compliance, Mary Cooter will contact you.